Thursday, November 22, 2012

Practice Session: On Camera Flash with Molly

I have added another momentous piece of equipment to my arsenal - a speedlite.  More commonly known as a big, honkin' flash that attaches to the top of your camera.

I bought one for my Mom for her birthday and of course we had to break them out on someone.  Enter my cousin, Molly.  She was free on Saturday afternoon for a little while, so we invited her over for a little sesh.
DSC_2530_pp
She was a great subject and didn't mind being photographed.  I mean, she's BEAUTIFUL so there's not much to nit pick about, right?
DSC_2531_pp
I also had some really cool software I'd been wanting to try, but needed some true portraits to give it a workout... How about some purple eyes?
Purple Eyes
I love this photo because the smile is as genuine as it gets.
DSC_2547_pp

Molly also has a really cool tattoo of an owl on her forearm.  I had to get a shot of it.  I also got to work out the new lens I posted about recently.  See that blurred out Molly in the background?  Yep - my fancy lens at work :)
DSC_2536
I hope you all had a splendid Thanksgiving and were as fortunate as I was to spend it with friends and family.  With a little one, it makes the Holidays far more enjoyable!

Take care,

LadyD

No comments:

Post a Comment